In case you haven’t noticed, this is what I call my posts when my ADD is too out-of-control for me to focus on one thing.
But, hey! It’s better than nothing, right?!
Highlights from the last week include;
- A signing at Book of Wonder in NYC with eight amazingly awesome YA authors! I had SO much fun and got to meet and sign with Heather Duffy-Stone, Mandy Hubbard, Sarah Cross, Sarah MacLean, Julie Linker, Mari Mansuci, Lauren Barnholdt, and Erin Dionne. We had a great time, and it was a bonus to meet so many people I’d been talking with on online, including Alex Bracken, author if the upcoming YA novel Brightly Woven. I also got to meet fellow Gothic writer, Leanna Renee Hieber, whose novel The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker, will be out in 2010. Another highlight was meeting the always hilarious, Rhonda Stapleton, author of Stupid Cupid.
- Got a few very nice reviews, including one from Kidlit.com that includes a very innovative and helpful piece at the bottom titled “For Readers” and “For Writers” that outlines points of interest for both groups of people. Also got lovely reviews from The Book Bind (run by awesome indie Keplers) calling Prophecy “Romance. Gothic. Mystery. Thriller. Suspense. All in One.”
- Wrote a guest post for Shelly at Write for a Reader explaining why the book A Little Princess made such an impact on me as a young girl. It was so much fun to remember the magic of a book that totally carried me away as a child!
- Got to see my interview up at The Tainted Poet, one of my favorite book blogs because it deals exclusively with YA paranormal and supernatural. Eli’s review of Prophecy can be read here.
- My UK publisher is running a very cool contest to give away 25 copies of the British edition of Prophecy, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, stop by and take a peek!
- Got word from friend and fellow author, Lisa Mantchev, that her phenomenal book, Eyes Like Stars, is now in its third printing! WOOT!
- A huge part of my excitement this week revolved around receipt of the German catalog where Prophecy had a gorgeous – and massive – spread and, finally, a glimpse of my Prophecy display from Khy at Frenetic Reader! It’s a little cut off (at the top it says “An Epic Struggle for Survival”), but isn’t it gorgeous?! I really love the way the statues wrap around the whole top piece of the display…
I’ll be linking to more reviews, interviews, and general release craziness in the coming weeks, so stay tuned…
And don’t forget to enter the Fairies vs. Demons contest before it’s too laaaaaate!